We are looking to add a rockstar barista to our team. The barista positions will require barista duties, heavy food prep, stocking, and cashier/money handling responsibilities. Our days are full – we balance great customer service, preparing customer sandwich orders, making creamy lattes, cooking bacon, managing varying levels of food prep, baking chocolate chip cookies, and otherwise providing a friendly and cozy place to work, visit or be. If you think you can do all this calmly, and while staying engaged with your customers and your coworkers, please read on.
Compensation starts at $12.50 per hour, plus tips after initial training period.
You should have open availability and be able to commit to a set schedule for 90 days. Preference will be given to applicants with great attitudes and open availability. *A flexible schedule and availability on Saturday and Sunday is a must.*
Baristas can earn up to 25-35 hours per week, depending on your flexibility and proven ability to work hard with great energy.
This position will require the following:
* Food industry / restaurant experience including balancing and prioritizing multiple to do lists, a constant stream of customers, and food prep and assembly.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, this includes speaking and listening, with co-workers, customers, and vendors
* Great Attitude – high energy, positive outlook, engaging personality, sense of humor and willingness to grow, and an uncanny ability to maintain your cool.
* A flexible schedule and availability on Saturday and Sunday is a must.
* Availability to work private / public events, during business hours and occasionally after hours.
* Prompt and reliable transportation
* Current Multnomah County Food Handler Card.
* Current OLCC Card, or ability to obtain one.
* Strong work ethic
* A team player attitude, willing to look for and help out where needed
* Strong attention to detail, whether following a recipe or noticing your customer’s new haircut
* Accurate cash handling ability and the ability to balance a till
* Able to work like you are not the only person in the room, make good decisions and follow instructions
* Ability to lift 25 pounds over your head and to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to stand while on shift
* High School Diploma or GED.
Please send your resume and concise cover letter in .pdf format to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please describe why you are a great, long term fit for this position, your schedule availability and list the titles of the last 3 books you read.